This not your average communications job and not your typical office environment. We are a group of media and communications strategists who are looking for a driven, motivated individual who wants to work with a variety of different clients spanning many different industries. You must be a highly skilled and creative writer who can craft anything from a press release, to a long form thought leadership piece, with ease and confidence.
We provide communications, media relations and public policy support for a wide variety of companies and organizations. Our clients include startups, political organizations, environmental groups, venture capital firms, non-profits, civic engagement organizations, and more.
We are looking for someone that has an interest in both traditional and digital-focused communications and media relations. The ideal candidate for this position will be creative, proactive, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of our clients including their business, products/services, competitors, influencers and markets
- Execute communications and public relations strategies through media outreach
- Build and maintain press lists for multiple clients
- Drafts communications materials (press releases, pitches, blog posts, newsletters etc.)
- Manage social media channels for multiple clients
- Identify and submit clients for speaking opportunities and event participation
- Conduct miscellaneous research for all clients as needed
- Provides general office admin support
- Strong, creative writing skills (3 samples required)
- 1-2 years of experience related field (communications, media relations, marketing, journalism, politics, government)
- Strong skills in organization, prioritization and time management.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Confident. Demonstrates the ability to take initiative, and can also take direction well.
- Solid research, proofreading, writing and editing skills.
- Computer experience including but not limited to Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with social media including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter
- An internship in politics or the media industry
- Working knowledge of the media industry
- Past experience working with reporters, editors and producers
- Previous experience in digital strategy/marketing
- 3-month contract-to-hire
Think you’d be a good fit? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org