This is not your average communications and public affairs job and not your typical office environment. We are a group of communications and public affairs strategists who are looking for a driven, motivated individual who wants to work with a variety of different clients spanning many different industries. You must be a highly skilled and creative writer who can craft anything from a press release to a long-form thought leadership piece with ease and confidence. You must thrive at media outreach and supporting the developing and executing successful strategic communications and public affairs strategies.
We provide communications and public affairs support for a wide variety of companies and organizations. Our clients include startups, political organizations, environmental groups, emerging technology companies, cannabis companies, foundations, venture capital firms, non-profits, civic engagement organizations, and more.
We are looking for a hustler that has an interest in both traditional and digital-focused communications, media relations, and public affairs efforts. The ideal candidate for this position will be creative, proactive, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our clients, including their business, products/services, competitors, influencers and markets
- Develop and execute strategic communications, media relations, and public affairs strategies
- Contribute to multiple client accounts, relationships, and a small internal team
- Draft a wide variety of communications materials (press releases, pitches, statements, blog posts, newsletters, talking points, thought leadership articles, etc.)
- Strong, creative writing skills
- 2-4 years of professional experience in a related field (communications, media relations, campaigns, marketing, journalism, politics, government)
- Strong skills in organization, prioritization and time management
- Ability to contribute to multiple accounts and projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Confident. Demonstrates the ability to take initiative, and can also take direction well.
- Solid research, proofreading, writing and editing skills
- Outgoing, personable and nice!
- Computer experience including, but not limited to, G Suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous experience supporting media relations campaigns
- Working knowledge of the media industry and existing media contacts/relationships
We provide big company benefits (competitive salary, healthcare, subsidized transit, 401(k) with matching, profit sharing, + more) while maintaining the size and energy of a startup. Working with us means you’ll be challenged, surrounded by high-quality teammates, and learn something new every day.
Riff City Strategies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Think you’d be a good fit? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org