Riff City Strategies tells stories and builds movements to deliver impactful results for our communities, the environment and the technology shaping our future. Our boutique agency of public relations and public affairs experts is trusted by many of the fastest growing brands and social movements, and recently was recognized by Fast Company as one of their Most Innovative Companies in the World for 2022. We are looking for a driven, motivated director who is passionate about supporting a variety of different clients spanning different industries and helping us to build one of the fastest-growing public relations and public affairs companies.
From taking on the Pentagon to give our soldiers a fair shot at justice; to developing media campaigns that will shift billions to BIPOC-led groups fighting for climate justice; to giving Americans hope through our work with Way to Win, whose “What’s Possible” advertisement just won Fast Company’s 2021 Innovation by Design Awards for advertising; to helping early stage and multi-billion dollar valued technology companies announce their latest innovations and more, there is never a dull moment. Riff City takes on the most challenging issues facing our society and planet.
The ideal candidate is a highly skilled and creative writer who can craft anything from a press release to a long-form thought leadership piece with ease and confidence. Additionally, candidates should thrive at media relations and developing and executing successful strategic communications and public affairs strategies, and have a track record of landing impactful media stories. We are looking for a hustler that has managed both traditional and digital-focused communications, media relations, and public affairs efforts. The ideal candidate for this position will be creative, proactive, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
Our clients include startups, political organizations, environmental groups, emerging technology companies, cannabis companies, foundations, venture capital firms, non-profits, civic engagement organizations, and more.
Working with us means you’ll be surrounded by high-quality teammates and learn something new every day. Riff has a positive, team-oriented culture where you’ll be challenged, continue to grow, and laugh a lot – all while telling powerful stories and building campaigns that are changing the world for the better.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our clients, including their business, products/services, competitors, influencers and markets
- Develop and execute strategic communications, media relations, and public affairs strategies
- Actively pitch and secure top tier media coverage for clients
- Manage multiple client accounts, relationships, and a small internal team
- Draft, review, and approve a wide variety of communications materials (press releases, pitches, statements, blog posts, newsletters, talking points, thought leadership, etc.)
- Strong, creative writing skills (a writing assessment is included as a step of our interview process)
- 7-11 years of professional experience in a related field (strategic communications and public affairs, media relations, and journalism)
- Strong skills in organization, prioritization and time management
- Ability to lead multiple accounts and projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Confident. Demonstrates the ability to take initiative, and can also take direction well
- Solid research, proofreading, writing, and editing skills
- Outgoing, personable, and generally nice
- Computer experience including, but not limited to, G Suite, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 8+ years professional experience in strategic communications, media relations, and public affairs
- Previous experience working at and managing clients at a public relations and/or public affairs agency
- Working knowledge of the media industry and existing media contacts/relationships
- Previous experience managing public affairs strategies and working with community stakeholders
Riff City is best-in-class, and this extends to our employee-centric company culture and benefits. Our perks are unrivaled, like our team and clients! We provide big company benefits (competitive salary, healthcare, a personal development stipend for business, fitness and other employee enrichment expenses, internet and phone reimbursement, 401(k) with matching, profit sharing, half-day Fridays every other week + more) while maintaining the size and energy of a startup. The salary range for this position is $120,000.00 – $150,000.00.
Riff City Strategies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Think you’d be a good fit? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org