This is not your average communications and public affairs job and not your typical office environment. We are a group of communications and public affairs strategists who are looking for a driven, motivated individual who wants to work with a variety of different clients spanning many different industries. You must be a highly skilled and creative writer who can craft anything from a press release, to a long-form thought leadership piece, with ease and confidence. You must thrive at media outreach and developing and executing successful strategic communications and public affairs strategies.
We provide communications and public affairs support for a wide variety of companies and organizations. Our clients include startups, political organizations, environmental groups, emerging technology companies, cannabis companies, real estate developers, venture capital firms, non-profits, civic engagement organizations, and more.
We are looking for a hustler that has managed both traditional and digital-focused communications, media relations, and public affairs efforts. The ideal candidate for this position will be creative, proactive, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
Our office is conveniently located two blocks from the Civic Center BART station in the South of Market (SOMA) neighborhood in San Francisco.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our clients including their business, products/services, competitors, influencers and markets
- Develop and execute strategic communications, media relations, and public affairs strategies
- Manage client accounts, relationships, and a small internal team
- Draft, review, and approve a wide variety of communications materials (press releases, pitches, statements, blog posts, newsletters, talking points, thought leadership, etc.)
- Strong, creative writing skills (2 samples required)
- 6-10 years of professional experience in a related field (communications, media relations, campaigns, marketing, journalism, politics, government)
- Strong skills in organization, prioritization and time management
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Confident. Demonstrates the ability to take initiative, and can also take direction well
- Solid research, proofreading, writing and editing skills
- Outgoing, personable and excited about all aspects of work
- Computer experience including, but not limited to, G Suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 6-10 years professional experience in strategic communications, media relations, and public affairs
- Previous experience working at and managing clients at a public relations and/or public affairs agency
- Working knowledge of the media industry and existing media contacts/relationships
- Past experience working with reporters, editors and producers
- Previous experience in public affairs and working with community stakeholders
Our office is in the heart of SOMA in San Francisco with great food and coffee just steps away. We provide big company benefits (competitive salary, healthcare, subsidized transit, 401(k) with matching, profit sharing, very good coffee, chocolate, a stocked bar) while maintaining the size and energy of a startup. Working with us means you’ll be challenged, surrounded by high quality teammates, and learn something new every day.
Riff City Strategies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Think you’d be a good fit? Email us at: email@example.com