This is not your average communications job and not your typical office environment. We are a group of strategic communications and public affairs strategists who are looking for a driven, motivated individual who wants to work with a variety of different clients spanning many different industries. You must be a highly skilled and creative writer who can craft anything from a press release to a long-form thought leadership piece with ease and confidence. You must be willing to build media lists, develop compelling pitches, work the phones, and maintain relationships with media covering a wide range of beats while maintaining a personable and positive attitude throughout.
We provide communications, media relations, and public affairs support for a wide variety of companies and organizations. Our clients include startups, political organizations, environmental groups, emerging technology companies, cannabis companies, real estate developers, venture capital firms, non-profits, civic engagement organizations and more.
We are looking for someone that has an interest in both traditional and digital-focused communications, writing and content development, and media relations. Design experience is also a plus. The ideal candidate for this position will be creative, proactive, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
Our office is conveniently located one block from the Civic Center BART station in the South of Market (SOMA) neighborhood in San Francisco.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our clients including their business, products/services, competitors, influencers and markets
- Execute strategic communications, public affairs strategies and media outreach
- Build and maintain press lists for multiple clients
- Draft a wide variety of communications materials (press releases, pitches, statements, blog posts, newsletters, thought leadership pieces, etc.)
- Conduct miscellaneous research for all clients as needed
- Provide general office admin support
- Strong, creative writing skills (2 samples required)
- 1-3 years of internship or professional experience in a related field (communications, media relations, marketing, journalism, politics, government)
- Strong skills in organization, prioritization and time management
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Confident. Demonstrates the ability to take initiative, and can also take direction well.
- Solid research, proofreading, writing and editing skills
- Outgoing, personable and excited about all aspects of work
- Computer experience including, but not limited to, G Suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- An internship in politics, campaigns, marketing, or the media industry
- Working knowledge of the media industry
- Past experience working with reporters, editors and producers
- Previous experience in marketing and/or design
- Previous experience in public affairs and working with community stakeholders
Our office is in the heart of the SOMA in San Francisco with great food and coffee just steps away. We provide big company benefits (competitive salary, health benefits, a matching 401(k), profit sharing (when available), subsidized transit) very good coffee, chocolate, and a stocked bar while maintaining the size and energy of a startup. Working with us means you’ll be challenged, surrounded by high-quality teammates, and learn something new every day.
Riff City Strategies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Think you’d be a good fit? Email us at: email@example.com