Riff City Strategies tells stories and builds movements to deliver impactful results for our communities, the environment and the technology shaping our future. Our boutique agency of public relations and public affairs experts is trusted by many of the fastest growing brands and social movements. We were recognized by Fast Company as one of their Most Innovative Companies in the World for 2022, and we have been named as a finalist for PRWeek’s Boutique Agency of the Year for 2023.
We are looking for a driven, motivated manager who is passionate about supporting a variety of different clients spanning different industries and helping us to build one of the fastest-growing public relations and public affairs companies.
From taking on the Pentagon to give our soldiers a fair shot at justice; to developing media campaigns that will shift billions to BIPOC-led groups fighting for climate justice; to giving Americans hope through our work with Way to Win, who is moving millions to build a multiracial coalition with an anti-MAGA, pro-freedom messaging coalition; to helping early stage and multi-billion dollar valued technology companies announce their latest innovations and more, there is never a dull moment. Riff City takes on the most challenging issues facing our society and planet.
The ideal candidate is a highly skilled and creative writer who can craft anything from a press release to a long-form thought leadership piece with ease and confidence. Additionally, candidates should thrive at media relations and developing and executing successful strategic communications and have a track record of landing impactful media coverage. We are looking for a hustler that has managed both traditional and digital-focused communications, media relations, and public affairs efforts. The ideal candidate for this position will be creative, proactive, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
Our clients include startups, political organizations, environmental groups, emerging technology companies, cannabis companies, foundations, crypto protocols, venture capital firms, non-profits, civic engagement organizations, and more.
Working with us means you’ll be surrounded by high-quality teammates and learn something new every day. Riff has a positive, team-oriented culture where you’ll be challenged, continue to grow, and laugh a lot – all while telling powerful stories and building campaigns that are changing the world for the better.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our clients including their business, products/services, competitors, influencers and markets
- Execute strategic communications, public affairs strategies and media outreach and community outreach
- Build and maintain press lists for multiple clients (previous experience with MuckRack or similar platforms preferred)
- Draft a wide variety of communications materials (press releases, pitches, statements, blog posts, newsletters, thought leadership pieces, etc.)
- Support management of client teams through drafting agendas, recaps, coverage reports etc.
- Conduct miscellaneous research for all clients as needed
- Provide general office admin support, which could include updating the Riff City Strategies’ website, drafting newsletters, tweeting client coverage
- Strong, creative writing skills
- 1-3 years of internship or professional experience in a related field (communications, media relations, journalism, government)
- Strong skills in organization, prioritization and time management
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Confident. Demonstrates the ability to take initiative, and can also take direction well
- Solid research, proofreading, writing and editing skills
- Outgoing, personable and positive
- Computer experience including, but not limited to, G Suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of the media industry
- Past experience working with reporters, editors and producers
- Previous experience in public affairs and working with community stakeholders
- Previous experience preparing media lists and/or drafting pitches or press releases
Riff City is best-in-class, and this extends to our employee-centric company culture and benefits. Our perks are unrivaled, like our team and clients! We provide big company benefits (competitive salary, healthcare, a personal development stipend for business, fitness and other employee enrichment expenses, internet and phone reimbursement, 401(k) with matching, profit sharing, half-day Fridays every other week + more) while maintaining the size and energy of a startup. Riff is a remote-first company, with a headquarters in San Francisco, and the salary for this position is $64,000.00
Riff City Strategies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Think you’d be a good fit? Email us at: email@example.com